Discover Oral Appliance Therapy
Sleep problems are dangerously common among the Australian population with a recent national survey¹ showing:
- 33-45% of adults are affected by inadequate or poor quality sleep
- frequent, loud snoring reported by 24% of men and 17% of women with 70% of these people reporting daytime sleepiness
- there is a higher risk of poor work performance and driving accidents for those affected
- the cost of sleep disorders to Australia in 2010 was estimated to be $5.1 billion dollars of which 63% was due to sleep apnoea²
Approximately a third of our lives are spent sleeping and it is extremely important to get the best quality sleep to enhance our physical, mental and emotional well-being. Getting a good sleep will improve or prevent our risks of many medical issues such as high blood pressure, stroke, heart disease, diabetes and depression.
Oral Appliance Therapy is an effective, scientifically backed treatment option to help people suffering from loud snoring, obstructive sleep apnoea and bruxism. It is also a widely acceptable alternative for people who are unable to tolerate CPAP treatment. To learn more, please visit our FAQ section.
1. Adams, R., Appleton, S., Taylor, A., McEvoy, D., Antic N. (2016). Report to the Sleep Health Foundation 2016 Sleep Health Survey of Australian Adults. Adelaide: The University of Adelaide. Retrieved from: https://www.sleephealthfoundation.org.au/pdfs/surveys/SleepHealthFoundation-Survey.pdf
2. The Deloitte Access Economics (2011). Re-awakening Australia: The economic cost of sleep disorders in Australia, 2010. Sleep Health Foundation. Retrieved from: http://www.sleephealthfoundation.org.au/pdfs/news/Reawakening%20Australia.pdf
Private Health fund rebates available with efficient claiming through HICAPS
Effective treatment backed by world-wide scientific evidence
Variety of appliance options
No two people are the same. A selection of appliances are available for your unique situation
Educated and supported through every step of the process to provide a ‘no barrier’ service
- North Lakes